Archive for the Final Year Project Category

The Ulna’s connected to the-

Posted in 3d, Final Year Project with tags , , , , , on January 25, 2011 by kyralhills

Adding some finer detail to my original base mesh in order to optimise the sculpting potential (the layers of skin are going to deform to reveal the underneath as in the pic):

 

And the arm muscle with the skin deleted so you can see what’s going on:

I’m hoping to have bits of muscle detach (maybe hanging on one end) in order to reveal the bone underneath.. Here it is with some muscle sections deleted:

Down with the sickness

Posted in Final Year Project, Photo Manipulation with tags , , on January 11, 2011 by kyralhills

Just a little update on my FYP. Been working on visualising the stages of transformation for my character in order to aid the sculpting stage, which I should be starting tomorrow.

(Click to enlarge):

For the face in particular, I made a moodboard that looked into movie effects, such as useful references like ‘Two-face’:

With this in mind, I needed to create a breakdown of the skin, muscle and bone in order to truly understand its structure. So I created a PS file overlaying my reference, a human skull and muscle, here are some of the results:

Warning: Blog is infected!

Posted in 3d, Final Year Project, Photo Manipulation with tags , on November 28, 2010 by kyralhills

[WARNING: younger readers or those of a delicate nature may find some of the images below disturbing!]

Uni is well underway, so I’ve been pretty busy!! Had several modules  to work on: Drawing and Composition, Special effects for games, Games development and Final year project..

For FYP I now have a supervisor and my work has undergone some scrutiny, in order to create a more successful specification.

So after much deliberation, I am now working on creating one current gen character for a survival horror game, that degrades over time to become ‘infected’..

I chose Pavla, as I felt she was the most striking character out of the three.  I removed her jacket, as I needed more anatomy to be visible for her transformation. After that I gave her plenty of accessories to make for an interesting silhouette and to match her new profile.

My current weekly task was to visualise some stages in her infection. I decided that the most efficient way to visualise this would be to take my original references and do some photo-manipulation. With the right combination of images and a little painting in PS, here’s a taster of what I’ve been working on:

I will be hoping to achieve the transformation of my model using a mixture of texturing and animation techniques.